(Okay, no more lunch blogging explanations--if it's lunchtime, it's lunchtime!)
Here are more songs from the compilation CD I made for Spike. (For the first post, click here.)
6. Dreamboat Annie, by Heart. This song sounds like a lullaby to me. "Heading out this morning into the sun. Riding on the diamond waves, little darlin' one." Ultimately, it's not, but it has a gentle tone that I love.
7. Emotions in Motion by Billy Squier. I have no idea why I picked this one. First I thought it was because my emotions are in CONSTANT motion these days. As I look at the lyrics, though, I think the song is about drug addiction. So never mind. So, Spike, let's just say I put it on here because Billy Squier is a classic '80s artist. (And maybe, when you're older, I'll explain the lyrics to another classic Squier song, The Stroke. Or not.)
8. Everyday is a Winding Road by Sheryl Crow.
"Everyday is a winding road
I get a little bit closer
Everyday is a faded sign
I get a little bit closer to feeling fine"
This song is catchy and peppy. And a reminder that life is a journey--so enjoy the road trip.
9. Everyone by Van Morrison. A very happy song.
"By the winding stream we shall lie and dream
We'll make dreams come true if we want them to
Yes all will come play the pipes and drum
Sing a happy song and we'll sing along"
10. Glad Tidings by Van Morrison. There are three Van Morrison songs on this list.
"And they'll talk to you while you're in trances
And you'll visualize not taking any chances
But meet them halfway with love, peace and persuasion
And expect them to rise for the occasion"
So, baby girl, don't take any crap. And think positively. That whole "smile and the world smiles with you" thing has some truth to it.
Thursday, May 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment