Monday, July 30, 2007

Unemployment ... and a Fleeting Moment of Panic

My last day of work in the office was Friday. Now I'm working on little projects at home, checking email, and being "on call" in case anyone needs me. I'm hoping it will be a nice transition into not working for about 12 weeks after the baby arrives. It's kind of nice--to have less responsibility and not have to drive 50 miles a day. And things are just going to have to go on without me. Judging from my inbox over the weekend, it will take awhile before people will totally figure things out without me, but that's okay. In the meantime, I'm also trying to take care of some little things that won't be easy to do after the baby's born--getting the oil changed in the car, for example. So there is a lot to do before Spike arrives, but if Spike arrived tomorrow, we'd all be okay.

Meanwhile, I had a moment of panic this evening about the cesarean section and motherhood in general. I know, I know--it will all be okay. But if I didn't have a few fleeting moments of panic, it wouldn't be motherhood, right?

2 comments:

Maya's Granny said...

{{{{{{{{{{{{{Jill}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

It is, indeed, motherhood.

Jill said...

thanks. i'm sure it will all be okay once things get rolling, but right now, I'm terrified.