I had lunch with a friend of mine yesterday, who has 7-month-old twins after three rounds of in-vitro. She asked me how I was feeling, and she told me that at the end of her pregnancy she often felt guilty for feeling lousy, because she felt so grateful for her pregnancy and had spent so much time (not to mention money) on getting to that point.
I can totally relate to that. On the one hand, I am so, so amazingly grateful to be at this point and have, for the most part, really, really enjoyed being pregnant.
On the other hand, I am feeling pretty lousy these days--my wedding band has been temporarily relocated from my finger to the jewelry box because it doesn't fit; I get heartburn whenever I eat, no matter what I eat; My right wrist feels like I have carpal tunnel syndrome because of all the swelling; I'm not sleeping; I'm cranky.
And I'm trying to balance both of those emotions. I do think I feel more grateful than cranky, though. And excited. And terrified. And ready. And not ready. And the list goes on and on.
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You have my permission to feel as cranky as you wish. That is a normal part of pregnancy and I see no reason for you to miss out on any part of it at all.
Post a Comment