We went to the perinatologist yesterday (she's a specialist in fetal medicine--I see her because I'm of "advanced maternal age"--over 35). We got to see Sprout, which we hadn't done in a long time (most OB appointments are just listening to the heartbeat). He looks good--blood flow to the placenta is good. He's big, though--5 lbs., 7 ozs. (For reference, Megan was born at 6 lbs., 4 ozs., four and-a-half weeks after this point.) So it's likely that he'll be huge, and it's possible he'll come earlier than Megan.So now the plan is for me to stop work next Tuesday, try to take it as easy as possible, and try to keep Sprout baking for as long as possible. Of course, as I learned with Megan, it's not up to me! So we're just waiting and hoping he'll stay put for as long as possible.
My leg pain is a little better. Sprout is laying like this: head face down, under my right rib. Spine facing up towards my chest and running from my right to my left. his rear end is under my left rib, and his legs and feet are hanging down into my pelvis. In the words of my doctor, "No wonder you're in pain!" She agrees with my OB that he's sitting on a nerve or two.
While I don't want Sprout to arrive today, I must admit I'm feeling emotionally ready to get going. I'm nervous about the balance of having two kids--fear of the unknown--and I just want to get on with it. But, of course, right now I'm cherishing waking up a few times in the middle of the night just to use the bathroom, as opposed to having to get up for a diaper changing and feeding! The rest will come soon enough, I know.
1 comment:
Sounds a little uncomfortable... But glad to get a Sprout update. Can't wait to see him in person!
Post a Comment