Tomorrow, P.C. and I will celebrate our three-year wedding anniversary. We had a wonderful wedding--the two of us went to Las Vegas and got married by the local marriage clerk. (No Elvis wedding chapel for us--we just wanted to get married without the frills of a wedding.) It was very special. (Above is our first picture as husband and wife. You can see the reflection of the woman who married us. I think the photographer was the security guard who served as our witness.)
One of the great things about P.C. is that he really is a "what you see is what you get" person. He doesn't pretend to be anything he isn't. If you ask for his opinion, you'd better be ready for it, because he tells it like it is--but always in the kindest way possible. And his loyalty is so admirable. I know he's on my side and trying to do the best he can for his family. I feel blessed to have him in my corner. And he is a terrific father to Megan, too.
And when it comes right down to it, I just plain love the guy. He's a good person and a great friend, and there's no one I'd rather spend my life with. He's taught me that marriage is about loving and trusting and caring and wanting to have the best relationship possible. And that every day isn't perfect, but it doesn't mean we're doomed--it just means we have to make it better for the next day. (Believe me, this was hard to get used to, having had a previous marriage where my ex-husband ran away when he just didn't feel like working at being married anymore. The concept of "working things out," as obvious as it may seem, was totally foreign to me.)
Thank you, P., for being a wonderful husband. And a fine person. I love you very, very much.
Here's to many more years of health and happiness!
4 comments:
I'm so glad you had a happy anniversary, even though Megan was teething.
And I'm so glad you and P.C. found each other.
Now I want to see a post about your superpower of recognizing famous people in public, esp. people whom most of us couldn't pick out of a lineup.
love, nancy
Congratulations!
Congratulations, indeed. It is wonderful to find someone who will work at the things that need working at and not just expect perfection.
Yay! Happy happy!
And I second Nancy's comment about your superpower. You are quite amazing in that regard (and others as well)!
Post a Comment