Saturday, December 22, 2007

20 Weeks Old--and What a Week!


Megan turned 20 weeks old on Thursday. It's been a challenging week, but still one I wouldn't trade for anything!


As you may know, Megan had an ear infection and pink eye two weeks ago, and P.C. got the pink eye and I got the ear infection. This week, I developed a cough, a fever and pink eye.

Luckily, P.C.'s mom watched Megan for two nights so I could get some rest. It was the oddest thing, though--for months I've been saying that all I want is a night to myself so I could get some real rest, and this time, not only was I not able to rest well because of my cough, but I MISSED MEGAN TERRIBLY. I wasn't surprised that I missed her, but I WAS surprised at how much I wanted her around, even though it would mean less sleep. Don't get me wrong--I was delighted to get some time to myself--but I did miss my little girl.

Well, be careful what you wish for! Megan woke up on Thursday morning with pink eye again, and when I took her to the doctor's she had another ear infection! I think (*knock wood*) we're on the mend now, and we'll have next week to recover before it's back to work and daycare.
But the thing I learned this week? That even with runny eyes and a stuffy nose, my sweet little girl still lights up my heart.

1 comment:

Maya's Granny said...

Sorry you've all been out of it. Glad things look to be on the mend. And, yes, she still is the brightest star in your heaven, sick or well, and later on when such words can apply to her, naughty or nice. Well, she can be nice now - but she's much too young to be naughty.