When I was a kid, I never met a bathroom I didn't use. The running joke in our family was that I knew every bathroom in every place we went. I knew that my bladder would seem even smaller while I was pregnant. Wow. During the course of my day today at the office, I visited the bathroom eight times. That's once an hour. Wow. At night, I get up every other hour.
Now, I am drinking a lot of fluid. My doctor recommends at least 64 ounces of water a day. But heck, it seems like I am peeing more than 64 ounces! www.babycenter.com says:
Why do you suddenly need to go all the time? It's mostly because the amount of blood in your body increases dramatically when you get pregnant, which leads to a lot of extra fluid getting processed through your kidneys and ending up in your bladder. Eventually, you may also feel pressure on your bladder from your growing uterus.
You may notice that you need to get up to pee more often during the night in particular. That's because when you lie down, some of the fluid that you retained in your legs and feet during the day makes its way back into your bloodstream and eventually into your bladder.
A lot of times, Spike will kick me right in the bladder and I need to run to the bathroom immediately. It's pretty amusing--like she's playing a game with me. But the other kicks are very, very nice, so I'm willing to overlook the punches to the bladder.
Friday, June 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
hey, if I were you, I'd just get myself a package of "Depends" and call it a night... ; )
don't laugh...nancy said the same thing! :-)
That's too funny!
And Nancy and Kate are right. If they had had Depends when I was pregnant, I would have been tempted to wear them at night.
Post a Comment