Monday, June 11, 2007

Baseball Season is Over


Well, UCLA's baseball season ended last night in a sad loss to Cal State Fullerton, 2-1. The Bruins played hard and looked good (their pitcher boasted 12 strikeouts!), but it just wasn't enough. So, no trip to the College World Series this year. But UCLA had a great season and went farther in the playoffs than they had in a long time, so this is a very good thing, too. (To read more, click here.)


Of course, in my house, it's a mixed bag. On the one hand, I support P.C. and the team and want them to be as successful as they can be. On the other hand, I'm glad to get my husband back. I'm noticing that I am feeling, in addition to the physical uncomfortableness, a lot of anxiety. I think I'm just getting ready to be a mama. After all, wouldn't you think I was crazy if I wasn't just a LITTLE bit panicked? In any case, it will be nice to have P.C. home for awhile. I really do need his support. There is much to do before Spike makes her debut!

2 comments:

Maya's Granny said...

One step at a time. Take the advice of Charles Emerson Winchester III: Do one thing, do it amazingly well, and then go on to the next.

Jill said...

J., you are so full of good advice! I've just made my list and will take it a step at a time...