Monday, April 30, 2007

Wah, wah, wah

Ok, first of all, if you are reading this and thinking that I'm blogging at work, I want you to know that I am eating lunch at my desk. (Paranoia is so sad, isn't it?)

I'm very cranky today. Now, don't get me wrong, I am delighted to be pregnant. I wouldn't change that for ANYTHING on earth.

That said, I'm tired. I'm not sleeping much these days. (I know, it's preparation for the baby. Yeah. Great.) The top five reasons I'm waking up every 1-2 hours each night:

1. I'm a stomach sleeper, so I can't sleep that way. So, I lie on my side. So what's wrong with that? See #2.

2. The compressing of my hips wakes me up with a lot of pain, so I flip over.

3. I have to go to the bathroom at least 4x/night. (I usually make a trip as long as I've been awakened for another reason.)

4. The sound of my own snoring wakes me!

5. My dog believes that 4 a.m. is the ideal time to lick my face.

Now, I could easily eliminate #5 by not letting the dog in bed with me, but that's really the least of my issues. Besides, I love to snuggle with her.

I've also had back pain for the last two days. Looks like a trip to the chiropractor is in order this week!

So, in conclusion...whine, whine, whah, wah, wah.

6 comments:

Maya's Granny said...

For #2, try a pillow between your knees. I have one that is made for that purpose and have used it for years. It really helps me a lot.

Jill said...

Thanks. I've actually been switching off between a regular pillow and a body pillow. I saw a support pillow made especially for pregnant women--maybe I'll try that next!

Kate said...

I'm sorry. Not sleeping well sucks on its own, and then being tired makes everything in life that is mildly unpleasant seem monumentally unpleasant...it's a double whammy. I hate double whammies. I volunteer to be the person you can call day or night to vent about these things. A good whine always makes me feel better.

Anonymous said...

Pillows everywhere!! Hug one, 1 between the knees, some behind... Pretty soon PC will start to get pillow envy. They all do! Just a few months left!!!! You can do it!!!!! (But I hate to tell you, I still can't sleep on my stomach 5 months after baby cuz of sensitive boobs! Oh how I miss it!)

Anonymous said...

Ha!!!! Hans has sensitive boobs! :)Missy

Jill said...

Kate, thanks for volunteering to be the one I can call. And Hans (Missy), I'll be sure to vent to you about my sensitive boobs! :-)