
Well, last week's agony turned out to be morning sickness combined with a brief virus of some kind. Feeling much better these past few days.
Today we went to the doctor for my 8-week checkup. (8 weeks and 5 days, actually). Can you see the baby in the picture? It's the thing that looks like a kidney bean in the black hole, between the two dots.
The most amazing thing happened today during the appointment. We heard our baby's heartbeat. I was so overwhelmed by the whole thing that, after the doctor finished the ultrasound, I asked him to do another one so I could hear it again. It made a really cool sound...pa-tooh, pa-tooh, pa-tooh ... beating really fast. It brought tears to my eyes and filled my heart with so much love. And it made things feel so real. I've got a miracle in my belly. And oh, how sweet the sound my little miracle makes.
4 comments:
Can I say it now??? CONGRATULATIONS!!!! So So happy for you!
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you guys. That's so fantastic. Give Spike a kiss for me.
Yes, you do have a miracle in your belly. A real cutie to look at, as well.
Aw, shucks, thanks y'all! And for the record, the baby looks EXACTLY like me. I've often been told that I look like a kidney bean!
Post a Comment