This Thursday will mark a very important milestone for us. If all goes well, we'll be saying goodbye to my beloved fertility doctor, Dr. Boostanfar, and moving on to my regular ob/gyn next week. (I haven't met my new doctor, but she was recommended to me by my fertility doctor, so I have faith that things will be just fine.)
I have to admit that I am a little sad to be leaving this doctor, even though it is all for the good. I mean, this was the guy who told P.C. and me that he thought he'd be able to get me pregnant (I know, it sounds dirty but you know what I mean!), and after 15 months of seeing him, I'm preparing to leave his care. And in between, he and his staff have been awesome, providing sound advice, soft hearts, and lots of Kleenex. When the nurse, Patti, called to tell me I was pregnant, she said that everyone in the office was so excited for us. And I believe that.
One interesting thing to me is that my fertility issues go above and beyond the "just relax" recommendation (as most do)--further proof that the well-meaning people who say those things are usually wrong. I have to thank my friend Michelle for snapping me out of the "just keep trying, it will happen" mentality and suggesting that I see a specialist. Even after I started seeing Dr. Boostanfar, and we realized that my issues went beyone "just relaxing," people still insisted on telling me that if P.C. and I just took some time for a vacation, we'd be expecting a baby in no time. So, if you're reading this, I hope you'll think twice before you offer the "just relax" advice. I believe that those people are really the exception, not the rule.
So, anyway, with a little luck we'll be moving to the next step this week. I am feeling pretty lousy, but I'm on week 10, so hopefully the days of feeling really cruddy are numbered. I've been continuing my positive visualizations, but I'm also feeling very emotional today. It's all part of the ride, I suppose. I'll just keep thinking good thoughts for the little one inside of me, and praying that each week will bring more positive strides for all of us.
Sunday, January 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Amen to that! There's nothing you & super uterus can't do!
This is all so very excellent. I'm so happy for you.
Post a Comment