Thursday, January 11, 2007

The Agony and the Ecstasy

I've been feeling really wonderful over the past few weeks. Oh, sure, there's been some nausea, but, hey, I've been waiting for this for so long that I figured I'd never feel truly awful.

Until today.

Well, yesterday, actually. I came home feeling unusually nauseous. I fell asleep at about 8 p.m. and awoke around 11, only to discover that I would be awakened every hour by my nausea.

So, I did what I'd hoped I wouldn't have to do a single time during this pregnancy--I called in sick today. (I was afraid I wouldn't make it to work without throwing up on the 101 freeway.) After eating some crackers and some yogurt, I found myself clutching the toilet for dear life. The nausea is a little better now, although I am still very uncomfortable.

It's amazing how something so wonderful can make you feel so truly horrible!

3 comments:

Kate said...

Poor thing! I'm sorry you're not feeling well. That is a terrible feeling. But at least you know that as long as you feel sick things are good... kinda weird. I heard once that the more morning sick you get the healthier the baby is. It was on some news show so I feel like it was a credible source... Hope you feel better soon.

Maya's Granny said...

Saltines and 7-Up, before you get out of bed, are a big help. Not much of either are needed, but they are needed together. Bubble and sugar still in the 7-Up.

Anonymous said...

As I tend to read this in the wee hours of the morning with Siena in one arm, I tend to lurk and not post any comments. But not today!! Having talked to you, I know you feel better and hope that has continued! As you know, it's all worth it and it will feel so strange in 7 months when your body is once again yours! By the way, I totally agree with your John/Yoko post. The glory of the mp3 player, Double Fantasy exists on mine without Yoko songs!! Love you!!!