Last night, I went to bed with a headache, which didn't go away after two dosages of Tylenol. I was awake from about 11 p.m. until 4:30 a.m. The headache finally went away after a hot shower around 5:30 a.m. At my sister's suggestion, I went to the local CVS and used their blood pressure cuff--146/97. That's very high for me. So I called the doctor, and she told me to go to the hospital for monitoring. Headaches and high blood pressure can be very dangerous at this stage of pregnancy, and while the CVS cuff probably wasn't the most accurate cuff, it was better than nothing, and it was enough for concern. So, off to the hospital we went.
Bottom line: All is fine. Best pressure at the hospital was 128/80. I'm having normal Braxton Hicks contractions, which is the body's way of getting ready for the big event. All looked good, so we came back home. The good news is that I turn 36 weeks tomorrow. I went at 36 weeks and 5 days with Megan, so I'm feeling good that we've made it this far!
So, the mystery continues...
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad it was nothing serious, and am waiting with bated breath for a big (good) announcement!
Thnaks Linda!!!!
Post a Comment