There's a little bit of crankiness going on in our house. Megan is just getting over a stomach virus of some kind, and while she's physically fine, she's not at the 100% level yet. Combine that with less-than-solid sleep, and you have one cranky monkey. I hate to say it, but thank goodness for Elmo's World. On a more positive note, her vocabulary is growing every day--latest words include "zipper" and "banana"== and she's walking around so much. It is such a joy to watch her gain new skills. It's amazing how one day she can't do something and the next day she can!
I'm a little cranky, too. The funny thing is, I looked back at the exact same point in my pregnancy with Megan--35 weeks-- and here's what I wrote:
This week I'm noticing that I have just enough energy to get through the workday and then I get home really tired and uncomfortable. Sort of like the first trimester, only I'm not nauseous and now my belly gets in the way. Last night I had a mini "I can't take this anymore but I'm terrified to have the baby" tantrum. Nice. I'll bet P.C. wishes he could run around the neighborhood screaming. He's been so great--I hope he's taking his frustrations out on the baseballs at work.
Today I had my "I'm terrified to have the baby" tantrum. When I was pregnant with Megan, it started because P.C. wanted to do a load of laundry and I started to cry because I was planning on doing MY laundry--some serious hormones at work, obviously. This time, it wasn't much better--I burst into tears because I couldn't find a pillowcase. Oy.
The good news is, I've only freaked out once during each pregnancy. So in my book, that's pretty good. And since we did, in fact, FIND the pillowcase, it seems like we might just figure this kid thing out after all...
2 comments:
You are going to hear it from your mother that her pants are too long. :) Hee hee.
Glad you guys are feeling better and the baby tantrum is over!
I have no doubt of it (that you will get it all figured out). And since I'm ready to club my co-worker for making a slurping sound with his mouth, crying over laundry sounds one hundred percent reasonable to me.
Post a Comment