Tuesday, November 6, 2007

A Message for My 37th Birthday


(To read my Message for My 36th birthday, click here. I really have kept my worrying to a minimum over the past year ... honestly ...)



Approximately one year ago, I was standing at the pharmacy, getting my $1,500 worth of medication to begin our second in-vitro process. Wow, what a year it has been!



I can't believe how much my life has changed. In just 365 days, I've gone from wanting a baby to having one, from lazy weekends to sleep-deprived nights, from waiting for a miracle to getting the most precious miracle of all.

I have to say that the most wonderful thing about the last year (besides Megan, of course) has been the support of some amazing people in my life. The people I work with are amazing and have been so great throughout my quest for a baby. My sister and her family are totally fabulous. In fact, as I write this, Nancy is hanging out at my house--her gift to me is some babysitting so I can get stuff done! My mom, as usual, has been full of wonderful advice and support. My team of "seasoned" moms--Missy, Lili, Sharon, Kristen, Mel and others--has been so valuable when fielding my tons of questions about parenthood. My mother-in-law has been a great resource for me as well. Sweet Melissa, my carpool partner, spent countless hours listening to me ramble on and on about my pregnancy. My online friends have been wonderful (special shout out to Maya's Granny!). And P.C. Oh, sweet P.C. He has been unbelievable.

I know I'm probably leaving a lot of folks out here, but you know who you are. And thank you.

Last year on my birthday, my friend Marilyn did a tarot reading for me. The year was summed up as follows:

You will be a much stronger person in your 36th year. You have journeyed much this year, and you will find yourself stronger, better, and more in control of your life because of your newfound strength and maturity. Do not shy away from any struggles or challenges that you may encounter in the previous months. Although at the time, you may feel you have your share of struggles, keep in mind that everything you are asked to do in this life has a purpose, and is part of your Divine plan for your life. Welcome all that comes to you with open arms, and know that whatever fate or destiny throws your way, you have the strength to accept it, and deal with it. You will also find yourself making lots of plans for the future, and you will look forward to seeing your ships come in in coming years.

What a journey it has been! As I said in my message last year, “I hope you will count your blessings when you can. I know I will try to do that more … Here’s to another year of “’blessed days.’”

3 comments:

Kate said...

Happy Birthday! It's funny because time seems to fly by so fast- but when you stop to think about everything you've done in a year, it's unbelievable. Especially growing a little human being...that's quite an accomplishment! I'm sure you have many more successful years to come. : )

Anonymous said...

I tried to call you last night, but either your phone's answering service was screwed up or my phone was... I kept singing into it and it would say, "are you there? I cannot hear you." Anyway, I hope it was great. I'll call you tonight!

Maya's Granny said...

Happy birthday. What a wonderful year it has been.