On Friday, almost a year to the date that I started taking medication to start the in-vitro process, Megan and I visited the Huntington Reproductive Center--the fertility clinic--so she could meet the people who helped bring her into this world. It was a really cool thing. Everyone oohed and aahed over her. She cried--reminding all of them why they aren't in pediatrics!--and it was a very, very touching experience.
The guy in the picture at right is Dr. Boostanfar, the doctor who made it all happen. Of course, P.C. and I helped too, but the good Doctor gets most of the credit. And a special shout out to Patti, the nurse at far right, who called me to tell me I was pregnant. (As a side note, when she called, I was driving on the 405 and was so totally stunned by the good news that I started crying and shouted, "Are you fu**ing kidding me?")
All in all, a terrific visit.
3 comments:
Ah, Megan, your mother's always had class. *hug*
That picture is so awesome. That must have been amazing for all of you! (well maybe not for Megan, but she'll appreciate it later!)
What a wonderful picture. What a fantastic crew to have made it possible for you to have Megan.
Post a Comment