Monday, June 4, 2007

Isn't it Amazing How a Baby in Your Ribs Impairs Your Ability to Breathe?


(Here's a picture taken of me today, at almost 29 weeks. I'd look more pregnant, but the shirt is very baggy.)


Dear Spike,
Oh, baby doll. Right now one of your precious body parts is stuck in my rib cage area, and it's very uncomfortable. I missed the end of Daddy's baseball game last night because I just couldn't bear to sit on that stadium bench for a minute longer. I got home and got on my side, then the other, and tried to dislodge you. Then I drank a little caffeine this morning to try and pep you up so you would move. You moved, but not out of my rib cage! You are certainly stretching out, because I can feel the opposite end of your body pressing into my pelvis.

But you know what, Spike? Feeling you in my belly is still the most magical feeling I've ever known. Even when it interferes with my breathing.

3 comments:

Kate said...

How about some jumping jacks? how would Spike feel about those...? your descriptions of her lodge in your ribs made me squirm a little. I can only imagine how you feel! We'll have to talk to her about all this when she shows up.

Maya's Granny said...

Whatever she does, Spike takes your breath away. Just by her being Spike.

Jill said...

so true, J., so true!