Friday, April 6, 2007

Sniffles and Heartburn and Daycare—oh my!

I went to the chiropractor today to help beef up my immune system. (I’ve caught a cold that has been going around the office.) It’s so amazing—he does some acupressure on my sinuses and they start to drain immediately. I hope this cold is a fast one—I’m set to go to Baltimore on Sunday for my “last chance before the baby” visit.

I’m also dealing with pregnancy heartburn. I know very few women who didn’t have heartburn during pregnancy—the uterus pushes the stomach up, causing reflux. Icky. Luckily, it’s not too bad at this point. Of course, I still have about 20 weeks to go! Oh, well. I’d still take this over not being pregnant!

I went to visit two daycare centers yesterday, both recommended by friends who have children there. Both places were really lovely, with different qualities. One was at the home of a woman who cooks organic meals for the bigger kids and puts the babies down for naps in real bedrooms, as opposed to a big room with lots of cribs in it. The other was a center that also functioned as a preschool for the older kids. There were separate areas for infants, toddlers and preschool children. In the infant section, there are only 8 kids there at a time, with two caregivers with them. I put a deposit down at that place. I may keep looking, but the vibe I got there was fantastic. Both places made me smile though—they were full of happy kids. And that’s something you just can’t fake!

1 comment:

Maya's Granny said...

And when she is older, do consider Montessori. A good Montessori school is better than best.