Sunday, April 15, 2007

Home Again


I'm back in L.A. after a trip to Baltimore--my "last chance before the baby" visit. I had a wonderful time. It was so good to see family and friends.


I had the wonderful opportunity to meet my best friend Missy's baby girl, Siena (That's her picture above). What a sweet girl. Missy and her husband are doing such an amazing job with her.
(They asked if P.C. and I would join another couple and be Siena's godparents. I was truly, truly touched.) They have been given fair warning that I will be calling them many times a day, every day for advice after the baby is born! :-)
I also had the chance to see my grandmothers, aged 92 and 89. It's always with a little bit of sadness that I see them, knowing that they are getting older and more frail each time I visit. But I also know that I've been so, so blessed to have them in my life.
As much as I loved visiting Baltimore, I was also glad to get home yesterday. And that's a good thing--to be glad to visit my hometown but to also know that I belong here now.
Oh, and I almost forgot to mention--I can now feel the baby kicking when I put my hand on my belly. I can't wait to see P.C.'s face when he gets home tonight and can feel his little girl kicking!

2 comments:

Maya's Granny said...

The first time Richard kicked, it felt like a kitten touching me from inside. Such a thrill.

Jill said...

It really is wonderful!!!!