I’m delighted to tell you that I crossed the 12-week mark today, and that—combined with a successful doctor’s visit this morning—means that we can now go public. So… WE’RE EXPECTING A BABY IN AUGUST! It’s a secret no longer!
When I was trying to get pregnant, going to my ob/gyn was a really difficult experience. All of those pregnant women walking in and out--I used to feel so depressed when I walked out of there. Today I saw those women and realized that I was one of them! I felt great relief--and great sadness, remembering how awful it was. My fertility doctor has a policy that patients aren't allowed to bring their children with them unless it is an emergency. I think that's a great policy. It is so hard to struggle with fertility when there are lots of little children around. I once thought I was going to lose my mind in a shopping mall right after a failed treatment! All those kids...I had to ban myself from the mall for a while.
On another note, so far I really like my new doctor. She is cautious but not freakishly so, and she has great bedside manner. I'll get to meet the other doctor and the nurse practitioner at future visits. If this appointment was any indication, I think I'll like them too.
Wednesday, February 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How wonderful it is that you can go public. I can't imagine what it must be like to see children and be struggling with fertility issues.
Post a Comment