Lots of you know that I am a huge Fleetwood Mac fan. Well, before I was a huge Fleetwood Mac fan, I was a crazy-in-love fan of The Police. And, as many of you also know, The Police are reuniting this summer for a worldwide tour. I've been waiting 24 years for this.
But here's the catch: The band is coming to Los Angeles eight weeks before my due date. And I gotta tell you, I'm not into the idea of packing my double-wide body into a teeny-tiny space into a crowd of thousands at Dodger Stadium. Even though I know there will be lots of emergency services there in case anything happens. And even though I adore, adore, ADORE this band. To tell you the truth, I just don't feel like going. And there's an example of how my world is changing. A year ago, I would have been sitting on the Ticketmaster website at sale time, ready to roll. After all, I'm the one who saw Fleetwood Mac five times during their last tour, just because I couldn't resist seeing them every time they played nearby. So maybe I'm starting to adjust my attitude to reflect my new nesting instincts.
Or maybe I'm just in denial...
But either way, I wouldn't trade the new life I'm growing in my body for one night with Sting.
Wait, did I really say that? I really must be growing up!
Tuesday, February 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Isn't it surprising and delightful? When a baby comes, all of the world changes.
it's so true!!!!!
Post a Comment