Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Tomorrow...

Tomorrow, I will go to the doctor in the morning and give some blood. Then, in the afternoon, I'll find out if any of those three embryos implanted last week decided to make my body their home for the next nine months.

I'm feeling okay. I don't feel any signs of pregnancy, although I'm told that isn't a big deal. I can't guess, so why bother? If I'm pregnant, I'll be overjoyed but cautious. If I'm not, I'll be sad. It really is that simple.

I've spent the last nine days focusing on positive visualizations, imagining good stuff, and trying to brush aside any negative thoughts. I am in a much better place emotionally for this second cycle than I was for my first six months ago, and that, all by itself, is a good thing. Also, I think I'm reacting better to all the hormones during this cycle. No huge crying fits, no blowups for no apparent reason. The only time I cried was right after I woke up from my egg retrieval--probably just relief, post-anesthesia. For anyone who knows me, this is highly unusual, as it usually takes very little to make me cry.

An interesting thing that has been happening over the last week is that by dog, who normally sleeps next to me, has made it a point to try and snuggle next to my stomach. Maybe she just knows I need a little extra comfort and protection there.

So...here we go...