Here are a few more items to add to my original list:11. Hush puppies (also known as corn fritters) from Dean's Restaurant in Hampstead, Maryland. Powdered sugar-coated, greasy, wonderful. (Good call, Nan!)
12. Apple butter and cottage cheese mixed together. I suppose I could make this here if I could find some good apple butter.
13. Snowballs. Not snow cones, but snowballs--crushed, not shaved ice, with chocolate and marshmallow. (Thanks, Kate!)
14. While we're on the subject of frozen food, I must bring up Friendly's--an east-coast ice cream/restaurant chain. Home of the Fribble milkshake, the Jim Dandy sundae, and the Clamboat (fried clam strips on a roll).
15. Another east-coast chain: Rita's. Their italian ices hit the spot. My favorite is a gelati--cherry ice mixed with vanilla frozen custard.
16. In the category of convenience-store food, there's Sheetz. It's like a 7-11 with a real grill. They make sandwiches cooked to order. In the morning, you can get a Shmuffin (like an Egg McMuffin). At night, their cheesesteak subs are hard to beat.
17. A corned beef sandwich from Atman's Deli on Lombard Street in downtown Baltimore. (Thanks again, Kate!)
18. And, finally, Dunkin' Donuts. They used to have stores in L.A., but they are all gone now. Really good french vanilla coffee and yummy donuts.
No comments:
Post a Comment