Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Missy and Her New Chapter

Missy has been my very best friend for what seems like forever. We met on the first day of seventh grade (in 1982) and have been like sisters ever since. Her parents are my surrogate parents, and vice versa. And we complement each other well. It's hard to put into words what she means to me.

I remember when I was going through my divorce from my first husband. She lived about an hour and a half away. She would call me every weekend to make sure I was doing okay. And if I wasn't, she'd get into her car and drive the 75+ miles to see me. Every single time. (I should point out that she did suggest that I not marry Andrew, and even though I did anyway, she stuck by me as a bridesmaid. And she never said "I told you so" after he left. When I met P.C., I told him that Missy was the ultimate test; if she disapproved, he was outta there. :-))

Today, Missy became a mommy for the first time. She and her husband, Hans (who has been around for 16 of our 24 years together!), welcomed sweet Siena Rose into this world this morning. It is so incredible to know that she's a mom. And she's going to be a great one. And Hans will be a terrific dad. Siena is very, very lucky. Here's to a wonderful, full, beautiful, happy life for her!

1 comment:

Maya's Granny said...

How nice! Welcome to Missy & Hans and Siena Rose.

And, welcome to the blogosphere.