I've always enjoyed the tradition of Thanksgiving. I love the idea of a day where you sit back and say thanks for all of life's blessings, big and small. Here's my list for this year, in no particular order.
I am thankful for my husband, who brings me down to earth when my mind goes into space.
I am thankful for my dog, who knows how to comfort me at all times (except, of course, when she ignores me when I ask her to "come!")
I am thankful for my family, especially the ones I would have chosen as friends even if they hadn't been related to me (special shout-out to my sister here!).
I am thankful for my job.
I am thankful for the roof over my head, even when everything doesn't work perfectly.
I am thankful for modern medicine, which is giving me another crack at trying to start a family with P.C.
I am thankful for my friends.
I am thankful for Project Runway, The Office, As the World Turns, and American Idol, for giving me a way to give my brain a vacation for a little while.
I am thankful for my health.
I am thankful for my niece, Miriam, who inspired me to come to California and start a new life.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Thursday, November 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We are all thankful for you, too. It's a tremendous blessing having such an amazing woman, sister, aunt, and friend in our lives.
Thanks for making me stop to reflect on all I have to be thankful for.
Post a Comment