Wednesday, August 26, 2009

How Times Have Changed

I came across an email that I sent to some of my friends after our first failed in-vitro procedure. It was very touching to read it and realize how far we've come since then:

June 27, 2006
Well, our attempt at in-vitro didn’t work. We got the news yesterday. I’m just so unbelievably sad. We don’t know what our next step will be, and right now I am really stuck in sadness. We need some time to let all of this sink in. I’m struggling with the fact that I had three little lives inside me and I just couldn’t help them live. P.C is, as usual, a terrific support even though I know he is in pain too. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

Sorry to share this by email, but it is just too hard to talk today.


Back then, having one child was just a dream. And two wasn't even close to anything I could imagine. And now here we are. Rereading the email above was a reminder to continue to count my blessings every day.

1 comment:

Bugwalk said...

You have indeed come far, with two precious babies now. I remember those difficult times.