Friday, May 8, 2009

We Are Busy!

It's been a very busy few weeks. Entering daycare meant a big-time initiation into getting sick for Michael--he had a stomach virus that kept him out for several days. Megan got an ear infection. And I got a stomach virus too, which prevented all of us from going to Baltimore for my high-school reunion. I was very disappointed about that, but it's just the way it is with kids!
Right now everyone is healthy, but I know it's only a matter of time before we start all over again. But there's no sense in worrying about it, because it will happen whether I worry or not!

The good news: Michael had a successful four-month checkup. The vital stats:

Length: 26 1/4 inches (90th percentile)
Weight 14 pounds, 2 ounces (32nd percentile)
Head Circumference: 17 inches (75th percentile)

So he's long and lean. (For reference, at four months Megan was 13 pounds, 6 ounces [49th percentile] and 25 inches long [79th percentile]. She was long and lean too!) The craziness is that Michael is now wearing nine month clothing because he is so long. Crazy! He's waking up once a night for a bottle, which the doctor is fine with because he is likely trying to put on more weight.
And as much as I'd like him to make it all night (which he has a few times), I'll take this over those first weeks anytime!
Megan continues to learn new words daily. The other night, P.C. was coming home early and I said to Megan, "Daddy's coming home early. How 'bout that?" and she said, "How 'bout that?" as clear as a bell.
I do have to say that trying to do bedtime on my own is a real challenge. Tonight, they were both tired and cranky, and while I was putting Megan to bed, Michael was screaming in his crib (where I put him so he was safe while I was putting Megan down). After I put Megan to bed and started to give Michael a bottle, Megan started screaming, so I went into Megan's room and fed Michael in the rocking chair while I sang to Megan. Finally, she settled down, and I finished feeding Michael and put him to bed. It's a real challenge, but I must say I feel so accomplished after they are both in bed!

No comments: