Megan's going to have a little brother or sister!!!!!!! Due January 12th, so probably late December, given Megan's early arrival.And no, this wasn't an in-vitro baby. Apparently the fertility doctor did one heck of a job with my reconstructive surgery!
We're very excited. We were waiting to see if this would happen, and it did! How about that?
I'm 95% thrilled and 5% terrified about how I'm going to manage two kids 17 months apart. But as P.C. said, two years ago we didn't even know if we could have one! So I guess, like with one, we'll figure it out.
As for Megan, she's currently going through the "I'm going to scream every night when you put me to bed" phase, which is a real test for us. Poor thing--she screams like a crazy person, and when I go in there, she quiets down and then screams harder. Fun! I just keep telling myself that it's a stage. It's a stage. It's a stage. The good news is, she's getting really verbal and wanting to stand up and she just keeps changing every day.
In the picture above, the baby (We're calling it "Sprout" this time around) is facing front. While we were looking at him, his top hand was waving. So funny!
I'm so happy to share the good news!!!!
1 comment:
Congratulations!
Regarding the crying, I have two bits of advice, which you can happily ignore if you would like.
1. I tried the Ferber book, I think it was called "Solving your childs sleep problems", and it was a great help. Though it sounds like you've already got her going to bed on her own, and this is indeed just a phase, so that may be unneeded advice.
2. My mom once told me, when Maya was going through a difficult phase, 'Don't worry, she'll outgrow this before she's 35'. That was so ridiculous (of course she would outgrow it by then!) that it helped me to relax. And now when she outgrows phases, I just think, Oh, and she's not even CLOSE to 35 yet...we must be doing so well! :)
Post a Comment