I haven't posted in almost a week because I don't have a lot to report. My symptoms are subsiding, with the exception of some occasional nausea, constant sleepiness, and (how ironic) an inability to get a full night's sleep. (But, thanks to Nick at Nite, I have been catching up on old episodes of The Fresh Prince of Bel Air.) Work is busy, college baseball season is underway, and days are going by quickly.
Now that we've read that the baby can hear our voices, P.C. and I are trying to find time to talk to it every night. So far it has heard about the all-Valley high school baseball team as picked by the L.A. Daily News, along with our wishes for a happy life for our little one. I've also started singing in the car a lot more--whether the kid likes it or not!
I go to the doctor tomorrow for my 16-week checkup. I'm looking forward to seeing the baby on the ultrasound monitor. Right now I feel like I'm in "no-man's land." Subsiding symptoms and no discernible movement make me wonder if anything is going on in there at all! I'll feel much better once I get a look at my beloved Spike and see that everything is okay.
Two weeks from today, I go in for my amniocentisis. I've heard varying reports about the pain level involved with this procedure (where they stick a big needle into my uterus), but I figure if I can handle giving myself 50+ injections during the in-vitro process, I can handle anything!
Tuesday, March 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
This is getting more exciting every day! Do keep us informed.
Thanks! And thanks for being such a loyal commenter!
Are you kiddin'? you're a woman, you can handle anything! ; )
Post a Comment