Wednesday, March 14, 2007

BabyCenter Update: Week 17

Here's this week's babycenter.com update:

How your baby's growing: Your baby weighs about 5 ounces now, and he's around 5 inches long — about the size of a large onion. He can move his joints, and his skeleton — until now rubbery cartilage — is starting to harden to bone. His sense of hearing is also developing. The umbilical cord, his lifeline to the placenta, is growing stronger and thicker.

1 comment:

Maya's Granny said...

The size of an onion? How nifty. Vegetable comparisons.

Give Spike my love. And if she is a she, I'll tell her that she started out Spike. Richard started out Tad because he was at the tadpole stage when I started calling him that, and Tad was what all the small animals in Pogo were called. Either Tad or Chile. Should have called Julie Chile, I guess.